International Wine Challenge
The International Wine Challenge Merchant Awards build consumer and trade awareness. The rigorous judging process ensures that the winning merchant exemplifies exceptional quality and outstanding achievement in customer service. This award is a powerful endorsement of excellence in the wine retail trade. Judges listed below:
TIM ATKIN MW
SAM HARROP MW
DEREK SMEDLEY MW
- 2012 - Won Bordeaux Specialist award for 'Merchant of the Year'
- 2011 - Shortlisted Bordeaux Specialist award for 'Merchant of the Year'
- 2011 - Shortlisted En Primeur Specialist for 'Merchant of the Year'
- 2010 - Won Bordeaux Specialist award for 'Merchant of the Year'
- 2010 - Shortlisted En Primeur Specialist for 'Merchant of the Year'
- 2009 - Won Specialist Merchant award for 'Innovator of the Year'
- 2009 - Highly commended for: Regional Merchant of the Year, Wine Educator of the Year, En Primeur Specialist and Bordeaux Specialist
- 2008 - Won Bordeaux Specialist award for 'Merchant of the Year'
- 2008 - Highly commended for En Primeur Specialist
- 2007 - Finalists for Bordeaux specialist and En Primeur Specialist
- 2005 - Runners up for 'Bordeaux' and 'En Primeur' Specialist award
Decanter Retailer of the Year Awards
The Judging Panel
Anthony Rose (Chair)
Wine columnist, The Independent
Consultant Editor, Decanter
Managing Editor, Decanter
Chairman, Wine & Spirit Trade Association
Wine columnist, The Spectator
- 2010 - Shortlisted for 'Bordeaux Specialist of the Year'
- 2009 - Shortlisted for 'Bordeaux Specialist of the Year'
Drinks Retailing Awards
- 2010 - Shortlisted for 'Wholesaler of the Year'
Fast Growth Business Award
- 2010 - Bordeaux Index was a finalist for the 'International Business of the Year' award in the Fast Growth Business Awards 2010
Sunday Times Fast Track
- 2012 - Listed as one of the 'Fast Track International Track 200, a list of British private companies with the fastest growing international sales over the past two years. '
- 2010 - Bordeaux Index listed as one of the companies in the 'Profit Track - 100 Ones to Recognise'
Which? Wine Guide Bordeaux Specialist
- 2005 - Won