We haven’t just changed the name and look of our website: we’ve also taken the opportunity to add some key functions to make navigating and shopping on our website that much easier.
Increasingly, our website traffic has come from mobile devices - both smartphones and tablets. Therefore the new website has been designed to be responsive so it adapts to the size of your screen. When you’re navigating on your mobile you may occasionally get a request to turn it to ‘landscape’ in order to show all the relevant columns of information.
We’ve tried to make the new site as intuitive as possible, giving you more information and options on each page and thus reducing the overall number of clicks. This is manifested most clearly on the redesigned product page.
Previously, each product – each different format of the same wine, for example – had its own separate product page. Now, all variants of a single wine will be available to view whichever one you click on. This means that, where relevant, you will be able to identify between:
· BI’s own stock
· Stock being brokered from BI Reserves
· LiveTrade stock complete with bid and offer prices and volumes available for each side of the trade
· Duty paid stock (this may be full cases, single bottles or re-packs)
· Alternative formats (i.e. halves, magnums or jeroboams)
In addition, if you have the wine in question in your own BI Reserves, you will see that line displayed under a separate header complete with all the relevant information from the MyCellar application: quantity in storage, cost price, valuation and % return – in addition to highlighting if you are currently broking any of that particular wine through BI.
The product page also features new ‘action’ buttons which enable you to give direct commands from the product page.
· If you want to buy the product in question, you can click to add to your trolley
· If the product in question is a LiveTrade wine, you can click to buy, sell or make a bid
· If you have the wine in your BI Reserves, you can click to add to Broking or arrange home delivery
New, Improved LiveTrade
Since its first day of trading at the start of 2009, LiveTrade has turned over more than £300m. We have updated the visual appearance of the LT pages with colour coding for bids and offers and new, adjustable price charting. We have also added a number of new Bordeaux wines and, for the first
time ever, added 7 top Champagnes to the screen: 2 vintages each of Cristal, Krug, Dom Perignon and one of Salon. This represents a significant update and we hope will be the first of several new non-Bordeaux additions to the LiveTrade platform.
Online Accounts Update
Many of you have already signed up to access your BI account online. The good news is that the new, improved version of My Account has been made even more powerful, with better loading speeds and clearer navigation. The My Cellar function also shows a summary by region in storage, which can be expanded or collapsed to show or hide the wine details.
If you haven’t yet taken the opportunity to register, here are some of the benefits offered:
· Your current account balance and history
· All the wine you’ve bought from, and sold to, BI - both by product and by invoice
· Itemised statements showing every wine on every invoice
· Your customer profile complete with account details and personal preferences
· Ability to view, print and pay your invoices online through SAGE Pay
We hope you enjoy using the new BI website. There will be much more to come over the coming year so keep your eyes peeled for announcements. We would welcome any feedback to [email protected] or to your account manager – alternatively you can contact us through our twitter or Facebook pages.